Midwest 308 Combat Rail 12.625" DPMS High M-LOK Handguard MLOK Profile DPMS 7.62 Free Float (NOT FOR S&W MP10 - Get LOW PROFILE)
How to tell what type of DPMS LR-308 receiver you have:
The distance from the barrel’s centerline to the top of the receiver rail on a pre August 2009 DPMS LR308 model and Aero M5 is HIGH PROFILE 1.313'’. On a post August 2009 DPMS LR308 model the distance is 1.253'’ also known as LOW PROFILE. Just to make things MORE confusing, S&W MP10 created their uppers with a 3/16" Tang BUT a 1.253" centerline distance. Therefore S&W has a "high profile" tang measurement but don't be fooled, it does require LOW PROFILE handguard due to the barrel centerline distance.
August 2009 changed the height of the top rail on the LR308 upper receiver. To properly match your receiver height, measure the distance from the barrel's centerline to the top of the receiver rail. Aero Precision M5 uppers are DPMS High Profile pattern.
PRE August 2009 model is 1.313"
IMPORTANT: DPMS, BUSHMASTER & REMINGTON have two different height upper receivers. Please view picture of receiver comparisons to determine which receiver profile you have before purchasing.
The newer “Low Profile” upper receiver has a 1/8" wide top portion where the charging handle is installed.
The older “High Profile” upper receiver has a 3/16" wide top portion where the charging handle is installed. High profile is also used by Aero M5.
- DPMS High Compatible
- 4140 heat treated barrel nut 1 7/16 - 16 threads
- Barrel nut wrench included
- Features patented 4140 heat treated torque plate
- Features aluminum anti rotation block
- For receivers with .210” tang height
- Length: 12.625” | Width: 1.750” | Height: 2.187”
- Weight: 12.6oz
- Internal diameter of 1.50”
- Constructed from hard coat anodized 6061 aluminum
- Features five anti-rotation QD sockets for sling attachment
- Three sides of M-LOK compatible slots
- Five slot M-LOK compatible rail piece included
- 100 percent made in the USA
Also fits M&P10. M&P10 requires long ejection port door rod.
MI D.P.M.S. .308 M-Lok One Piece Free Float Handguard, .210 Upper Tang, 12.625-inch Rifle Length