MI Midwest Industries G3 Lightweight ML M-LOK Free Float Handguard 8 Sided Gen 3 MI-G3ML18-BLK
Not piston compatible due to the weight relieved top rail. Select standard version for piston systems.
- Professional grade, one piece free float design and construction
- Simple installation
- Super lightweight
- 18.00" model weighs only 11.7oz with barrel nut
- Super slim 1.5 inch outside diameter, 1.3 inch inside diameter
- Eight sides of Magpul® M-LOK™ slots
- One five slot Magpul® M-LOK™ Polymer Rail Section included
- Proprietary barrel nut and barrel nut wrench included
- Patented Torque Plate System US Patent Number 9,453,694
- Five anti-rotation QD sling swivel sockets
- High quality MIL-STD 1913 top rail
- Rugged construction from 6061 aluminum, hard coat anodized for a lifetime of service
- Fully dehorned for a non-abrasive, comfortable feel
- 100% Made in America - Keeps America Working
- MI Lifetime Warranty
- Color: Black
ML15 Rifle 18.0" 11.7 oz with barrel nut
IMPORTANT COMPATIBILITY NOTEKeymod vs M-Lok: Which Will Set the Standard?
There are many variations in BILLET UPPER RECEIVERS on the market, please check with Billet upper manufacturer to insure fit of this handguard. This handguard is compatible with milspec forged upper receivers as well as the Midwest Industries billet upper receiver.
In 2012 Vltor introduced an “open source” universal attachment system for accessories called Keymod. The desire was brilliant to create an industry standard for directly mounting handguard accessories in a well engineered system with specifications available free for any manufacturer to use. Similar to a classic Beta vs VHS video tape battle, at the 2014 NRA annual meeting, Magpul introduced a new “open source” accessory attachment system known as M-Lok. While both systems are well designed and have the same goal, they have different solutions to the modular rail. I believe both will be around for quite some time since Keymod struck first and has quickly established a well accepted place industry wide. In addition to the powerful Magpul name though, M-Lok does offer several advantages that I feel will push it to the top:
- Cheaper/easier to manufacture M-Lok rectangular cut-outs vs Keymod keyholes.
- M-Lok is capable of being built into plastic hand-guards.
- More adjustability options exist along the slot vs a fixed keyhole.
- Aesthetically better looking (opinions vary).