Magpul MAG247 Front Back-Up Sight Gen 2 Black/FDE/ODG/Foliage
The new MBUS (Magpul Back-Up Sight) GEN 2 is a low-cost, color injection molded, folding back-up sight.
The MBUS Front Sight is adjustable for elevation and fits most 1913 Picatinny-railed hand guards, but is specifically tailored to the AR15/M16 platform. Available in black MAG247-BLK, tan MAG247-FDE, olive MAG247-ODG, and foliage MAG247-FOL Gen2 sights. Made in U.S.A.
- Impact resistant polymer construction provides light weight and resists operational abuse
- Spring-loaded flip up sight easily activated from either side or by pressing the top
- Detent and spring pressure keeps sight erect but allows for unobstructed folding under impact, etc.
- Clamps to most any MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny/STANAG 4694 railed hand guard and provides the same height-over-bore as standard A2 irons
- Protective wings shield the spring-locking A2 front sight post
NEW Features for GEN 2
- MBUS – Front Gen 2
- Weight, w/ hardware: 1.2 oz.
- Height above rail, stowed: ~0.51 in.
- Length, stowed: 2.6 in.
- Length, deployed: 1.5 in.
- Reduced size for greater optics compatibility
- Spring-locking front sight post holds consistent elevation without locking post used in Gen 1
Cannot be mounted to a railed gas block due to excess heat issues.
Front MBUS must
be mounted to a railed fore end on the same plane as the receiver rail
. Because of this same plane requirement, the sight is not compatible with MOE Hand Guards.
The front flip up sight accepts standard AR-15 front sight posts (such as Tritium posts).
-Tritium Front Sight Option-
TRIJICON FRONT SIGHTGreen front night sight for M16/AR15. Installation tool included. Green lamp is warranted for 12 years from the date of manufacture. Trijicon 3 Dot night sights are designed and assembled with the optimum combination of strength and safety. The patented aluminum cylinder and sapphire lens construction cannot be equaled. The brightness obtained from the tritium content is focused through the sapphire lens to give the maximum possible illumination. Because the sight blades are machined from steel rather than cast, their strength is unsurpassed. Trijicon night sights are the brightest, strongest and safest.