LMT 12.5" Full Auto 5.56 MRP PISTON CONVERSION KIT
INCLUDES: BCG (Bolt Carrier Group), Barrel, H2 Buffer by Lewis Machine & Tool
12.5" 5.56 x 45 (.223) PISTON CONVERSION KIT. Compatible with LMT MLC, CQB, MLR or MRP upper receivers (In Stock & SOLD SEPARATELY).
KIT COMES COMPLETE WITH:
- LMT Full-Auto Piston Bolt Carrier Group
- LMT H2 Buffer
- 12.5" Piston System Chrome Lined 5.56×45 (.223) 1:7 RH twist barrel
LMT Barrel Specifications
- Cryogenically treated for enhanced accuracy, easier cleaning and longer barrel life
- Chrome Lined for corrosion resistance
- M4 feed ramps/Barrel Extension
- 1/7 twist to stabilize higher bullet weight & 11 degree recessed target crown
- 1/2x28 Threaded Muzzle
- Parkerized Finish
- Each barrel is individually magnetic particle tested.
- Barrels are engraved MP 5.56 NATO 1/7
- Mil-spec certified 4150 chrome-moly vanadium steel barrel
LMT Piston Full Auto 5.56 BCG Lewis Machine & Tool Enhanced M16 Bolt Carrier Group
If you are looking for the best in performance, clean running, and reliability, check out the LMT Piston System Enhanced Bolt Carrier and Enhanced Bolt. The L7D3CP (Full body M16 model) includes both our enhanced carrier which has a more resilient "easy clean" coating and stronger heat treat, as well as the cartridge case being fully supported by the bolt face.
LMT BCG's include a HPT/MP tested bolt and Crane O-Ring.
LMT's branded product line was developed primarily for the US Government / Professional Market. The civilian market is a secondary benefactor to this program. As such the QC standards and priorities (and features) are very different than that of a commercial market AR15 manufacturer. To the very overwhelming majority of shooters, this is a huge plus in the LMT column. It makes their product and extremely attractive option for a civilian shooter looking for a higher standard of product.
With the primary focus being a quality standard for GI sales, there are some noteworthy differences in the product as you receive it. Specific to the LMT Bolt Carrier Groups (BCGs); they ALL come extensively test fired from the factory. As such, every single real LMT BCG on the market will have significant brass, significant carbon, and significant powder residue on the group. Regarding the utility of the BCG (everything LMT builds is focused on utility); this is a very very good thing.