JP Enterprises Enhanced Bolt .223 5.56 AR15 JPEB-223 AR-15
To satisfy customer requests, we now offer the new JP EnhancedBolt™ with great life expectancy while utilizing a standard configuration extractor.
- Fully compatible with Mil-spec .223
- Superior SAE 9310 material for superior resiliency and extended lifespan
- Additional material around cam pin hole to eliminate inherent weak point of bolt design
- Improved lug geometry for reduced wear and easier locking/unlocking
- JP Enhanced Ejector design mitigates case head extrusions and reduces brass smear
- JP Enhanced Extractor optimizes extraction function and eliminates multiple common ejection failures
- JP Enhanced Gas Rings reduce internal friction and wear of the bolt carrier while maintaining gas seal longer
- DLC coating offers super-high durability, lubricity and ease of cleaning
Whether we want to admit it or not, the good old Mil-spec bolt has had a good run, but it's long past its retirement age, and the JP EnhancedBolt™ is there to pick up where it left off.
Material matters, and the Carpenter 158 steel of the standard Mil-spec bolt is sub-optimal for such a high-load application leading to a life expectancy of only about 6,000 rounds. In fact, standard bolts will start to show stress cracks on the locking lugs adjacent to the extractor cut after only 3,000 rounds while cracking at the cam pin hole and weak extractor spring tension only add to the problems of the Mil-spec bolt. Typical bolt failure mode next to extractor cut. The material used in these standard bolts is also not the best choice by today’s standards, but if you remember the old story that explains why “Mil-spec never dies,” that applies here as well; they make them this way because they’ve always made them this way. Fine enough for its time, the material used in these standard bolts is simply not the best choice by today's standards.
The SAE 9310 of the JP EnhancedBolt™ is a superior steel alloy in virtually every way compared to the C-158, whether in its resistance to structural failure or life expectancy, both of which far exceeding the Mil-spec. Just as with the transmission gears for Formula 1 racers which are also made from 9310, the operational demands of a bolt assembly are ideally suited to this state-of-the-art material, with actual full-auto endurance torture tests prove it.
Beyond its material advantages, the design of the JP EnhancedBolt™ boasts many other advantages, including the addition of material around the cam pin hole to eliminate this inherent weak point of the bolt design itself. Each bolt also comes assembled with our Proprietary Enhanced Ejector, Enhanced Extractor (.308 and Grendel) and Enhanced Gas Rings for improvements in every subcomponent. Yet even with these advanced components, all EnhancedBolts™ (excepting our .308 high pressure model, for obvious reasons) are fully compatible with the readily available Mil-spec subcomponents, including a standard configuration extractor—all the benefits of a state-of-the-art proprietary platform with none of the inconvenience.