Battle Arms BAD-CSS-P VERT Tailhook Pistol Brace System AR15 AR-15 (Choose 5.56, 300BLK, or 9mm)
Battle Arms Development BAD-CSS VERT® Pistol Brace System. Comes With Gear Head Works Tailhook MOD1, spring and buffer system for 5.56/300BLK/9mm as selected in options.
(Firearm shown is not included)
Bolt On Version Of BattleArms Brace
- M16 BCG Compatible No Proprietary Bolt Carrier Group Required!
- Continuous Cheek Rest for Stable Shooting
- Interchangeable Cheek Rest (different colors/patterns, coming soon)
- Ultra Compact Buffer & Buffer Spring
- Patented, Recoil Reducing, Dual Spring Buffer Design
- (4) Locking Stock Positions
- High Impact Resistant S7 Tool Steel Guide Rods
- Internal Guide Bushings for Buttery Smooth Operation & Keeps Out Debris
- Intelligent Guide Rod Lock Design
- Continuous Cheek Rest
- Stock Locks Both Directions
- Collapsed Length: 6inch
- Extended Length: 10inch
- Precision CNC from Aircraft Grade Aluminum & S7 Tool Steel
- MilSpec Type III Class 2 Hard Anodized Black
- Lightweight 14.6 oz (VERT assembly)
- Made in the USA
U.S. Patents #9341437, #9395148, Other Patents Pending
The system should be configured, installed and function checked by a qualified gunsmith for reliable and safe operation. VERT® buffer system is designed for 5.56/.223 direct gas impingement system. Will also work on 300BLK DI system as well but must have appropriate gas port size.
The BAD-PDW™, BAD-CSS™ using the patented VERT® buffer system have been tested on industry standard, factory Colt 6920 (direct impingement) to be a drop-in stock system using factory 5.56/.223 ammunition.
However, due to the limitless possible configurations of the AR-15 rifle system from aftermarket components and the variety of ammunition used, the rifle may be under gassed for the VERT® buffer system. Some adjustments or modification may be required.
The most common adjustment if the bolt fails to lock back on the last round is to open the barrel gas port diameter to increase the gas into the system to fully cycle and compress the inner buffer spring for reliable operation. An adjustable gas block, adjustable gas key or adjustable bolt carrier is recommended for tuning the gas system.
300BLK supersonic and 300BLK subsonic ammunition have drastically different characteristics. They will also perform differently suppressed and unsuppressed. The rifle may be tuned to function on one end of the spectrum or the other. Please do not expect the stock to run on the same rifle configuration between shooting suppressed vs. unsuppressed and supersonic vs. subsonic.