ALG Gunbuilder Lower Parts Kit LPK optional ACT or QMS Trigger and Grips
This kit comes standard with:
Bolt Catch, Bolt Catch Plunger, Bolt Catch Spring, Bolt Catch Roll Pin, Mag Release, Mag Release Button, Mag Release Spring, Buffer Retainer Spring, Safety, Buffer Retainer, Safety Detent Spring, Safety Detent, Trigger Guard, Trigger Guard Roll Pin, Takedown Detent Springs,Takedown Detents,Takedown Pins
The ALG Defense Nickel plated ALG Combat Trigger (ACT) is designed for those shooters where tradition, value and regulatory concerns are of primary importance. The pull of the ACT is very similar to a standard mil-spec trigger, however it is sharper and the grittiness of the stock trigger pull has been removed while the traditional reliability of a stock trigger remains. The pull weight is not lower than the M4/M16 minimum weight specification of 5.5lbs.
The ALG Defense Quality Mil-Spec (QMS) Trigger is designed for those shooters where tradition, value and regulatory concerns are of primary importance. The pull of the QMS is very similar to a standard mil-spec trigger, however the majority of the associated grittiness of the stock trigger pull has been removed while the well known reliability of a stock trigger remains. The pull weight is not lower than the M4/M16 minimum weight specification of 5.5lbs.
**Both Triggers are Tuned by Geissele Automatics**
Performance Advantages for the Shooter:
- The ALG Defense ACT trigger pull is smoother and sharper than a stock trigger. This is accomplished by polishing the sear surfaces smooth and HardLubing the trigger components.
- Sear geometry has not been changed from the standard profile so the high reliability that the stock trigger is known for is unchanged.
- Trigger and hammer are made from true 8620 alloy steel military specification castings, correctly carburized, quenched and tempered for high surface hardness.
- Disconnector is 1070 High Carbon steel properly Austempered into the spring range of hardness.
- Springs are corrosion resistant and meet military specifications.
- A full force hammer spring is used for positive ignition of all type of ammunition.
- Trigger and hammer pins are improved over stock mild steel by using 4140 Chrome-Moly steel that has been quenched and tempered. Pins are centerless ground to a fine finish and a diameter 0.001” larger than stock to reduce play in the trigger assembly while retaining a slip fit into the weapon lower receiver. Both pins are Nickel-Teflon coated.
Advantages for the Armorer:
- Pull weight is above the U.S. Military minimum pull weight of 5.5lbs but does not reach near the upper limit of 9.5lbs. Generally, the pull weight is about 6.0lbs.
Note about ALG ACT HardLubing:
- The ALG Defense ACT trigger is an enhanced standard trigger so maintenance and installation procedures are unchanged.
- Trigger assembly parts may be interchanged between triggers, there are no matched sets.
- As a trigger meeting the essential U.S. Military trigger specifications for the M4 Carbine, the ALG Defense ACT can be substituted for lower performing stock triggers while still staying in compliance with Unit or Departmental requirements.
HardLubing is ALG’s term for electroless Nickel plating with an integral modifier to the base nickel plate. Either Boron or Teflon is used to enhance surface hardness, wear resistance and corrosion resistance and also create favorable tribological properties of the trigger components. Testing has shown that differential coating of the trigger parts contributes to the sharpness of the ACT’s single stage pull. The trigger component is plated with Nickel-Boron which has a high surface hardness combined with excellent wear resistance.
The color is a pleasing matte light grey that may be painted on non-functional surfaces if the shooter so desires (such as the trigger bow that is visible outside the lower receiver). The hammer, disconnector and trigger/hammer pins are plated with Nickel-Teflon which combines a low coefficient of friction with good wear resistance. The Teflon impregnation colors the metal a mottled, greyish/green. Parts coated with Nickel-Teflon cannot be painted. Both coatings are highly corrosion resistant eliminating the oil seal of traditional phosphated firearm components.
OPTIONS: ACT TRIGGER, QMS TRIGGER, NO TRIGGER, NO GRIP, ERGO GRIP, AGR43 GRIP
AR15/M4 Mil-Spec Lower Parts Kit
| 1. ||Bolt Catch |
| 2. ||Bolt Catch Plunger |
| 3. ||Bolt Catch Spring |
| 4. ||Bolt Catch Roll Pin |
| 5. ||Mag Release |
| 6. ||Mag Release Button |
| 7. ||Mag Release Spring |
| 8. ||Buffer Retainer Spring |
| 9. ||Safety |
|10. ||Buffer Retainer |
|11. ||Safety Detent Spring |
|12. ||Safety Detent |
|13. ||Trigger Guard |
|14. ||Trigger Guard Roll Pin |
|15. ||Takedown Detent Springs |
|16. ||Takedown Detents |
|17. || |
| || |